An Experiment for NaNoWriMo 2016

Having singularly failed at NaNoWriMo for 2 years running I have decided to take the bull by the horns this year and serialise a story as I go. With any luck this might motivate me to get passed the dreaded 10,000 word stage.

I considered hosting the serialised story on this blog but I wanted it to actually be read, so instead I’ve set it up on Tumblr. This will hopefully give me access to a large and pre-existing community of readers and writers, many of whom will be participating in NaNoWriMo themselves.

I spent yesterday setting up the Tumblr page design, which I hope will be readable as well as lending some atmosphere to the story.


I carried the design across to this blog, and to my Twitter page, and to complement the lot I also designed a little banner ad for Twitter.

sctwitterHopefully all this prep will keep me on the straight and narrow this year.